Savory Flavors Shine
New Orleans is certainly known for its wonderful savory foods, including gumbo and jambalaya. At this year’s Food Expo you can expect to find a plethora of savory flavors and ingredients. Here are just a few:
- Biorigin (booth 6921) will apply yeast extracts and taste enhancers to local Creole and Cajun flavors. An autolyzed yeast, Biotaste Meat, will be launched; it provides a mild meat taste and toasted notes to wide variety of applications.
- Savoury Systems International (booth 4113) will have a soup bar serving up both hot and cold soups, made with flavor enhancers including yeast extracts, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins, and salt replacers.
- French’s Flavor Ingredients (booth 7524) will be featuring its line of barbecue sauces—Cattleman’s Master’s Reserve. Savory flavors include Memphis Style, Carolina Style, Kansas city Style, Texas Style, St. Louis Style, Louisiana Style, Mississippi Style, and Kentucky Style.
- Ajinomoto Food Ingredients (booth 5516) will be showcasing Ajimate S-AX, a versatile ingredient designed to deliver a combination of kokumi richness and umami impact to savory dishes. It adds complexity and richness to a range of liquid and dry savory products, including beef, pork, and chicken.
- Tabasco Brands/McIlhenny Co. (booth 8239) will be offering prototypes highlighting its pepper sauce flavors, which are available in a variety of flavor profiles and convenient forms. Products include Original Tabasco Pepper Sauce, Green Pepper Sauce, Garlic Pepper Sauce, Habanero Pepper Sauce, and Chipotle Pepper Sauce.