Don’t Miss Out: Take a Trend & Solution Tour
Looking for an easy, informative way to navigate around the vast expanse of the 2012 IFT Food Expo? If your answer is yes, then you’ll want to consider taking a Trend & Solution Tour of the show floor.
More than 100 products and services from dozens of Food Expo exhibitors are featured on the Trend & Solution Tours. The tours are organized around five important food industry trends.
Trend & Solution Tours are self-guided so there’s no need to sign up in advance. Simply pick up a listing of tours and related information in the Food Expo Extras guides located at the entrances to the Expo and in the Knowledge Center in the convention center concourse. The guides also highlight scientific sessions related to each trend.
Descriptions of the 2012 Trend & Solution Tour themes are as follows.
• Ingredients for a Better You – Whether it’s weight management, functional fortification, or myriad other health and wellness areas, these ingredients help product developers deliver more nutritious foods and beverages.
• Rediscovering Texture – Snap, Crackle, & Pop – Texture plays a critical role throughout the product development process. Understanding its fundamental attributes can lead to innovation and product variety. New approaches to texture, accompanied by cutting-edge texturizers and stabilizer systems, can help formulators achieve their goals while frequently providing cost benefits.
• Emerging Flavors and Colors – New flavors and colors, many of them getting their inspiration from different cultures around the world, are influencing the formulation of future foods and beverages. Their use can help differentiate a product in the marketplace, help overcome functionality challenges, make a better-for-you product more appealing, and update traditional applications or create new ones.
• The Evolution of Sodium Reduction – Reducing the sodium content of foods has become a priority for many food manufacturers. Ingredient companies have responded by coming up with a variety of alternative sources or new technologies to provide saltiness without compromising taste or functionality.
• Food Safety Solutions – With implementation of the Food Safety Modernization Act last year, food safety, always a priority, is a higher-profile topic than ever before. These products, services, and ingredients address food safety issues and concerns.
If you’re looking for a bit of guidance as to which tours are most relevant for you and your organization, consider stopping by the Knowledge Center, where IFT professionals will be happy to make a recommendation.